There have been many positive outcomes including:
- Strengthened relationships between staff and parents.
- Given children the opportunity to talk with smaller adult:child ratios, helping to develop children’s communication and language.
- Encouraging healthy lifestylse – physical exercise, walking, being outdoors, improving well-being.
- Links with local community
- Inclusive – all parents invited and are able to attend with younger siblings and babies.
The children love exploring the environment, turning over logs to hunt for mini-beasts, feeding the fish and learning to care for living things and the environment.
We have been on Gruffalo hunts, made nature crowns and bird feeders, engaged in physical activity games, listened to stories, made potions and the day we found a ‘spaceship’ led onto fantastic storytelling and imaginative play.